Box Data Storage
Box is the preferred method of data storage for the Division of Agriculture. Box is accessible through the online version or with Box Drive.
- Integrated into Windows File Explorer
- Open from and save to Box Drive for everyday work
- Requires Internet connection
- Overlay icons show the status of your files and folders.
- Blue cloud = synced to Box
- Amber circular arrows = not synced yet
https://box.uaex.edu if you login to your computer using an @uaex.edu account
https://box.uark.edu if you login to your computer using an @uark.edu account
- Access files anywhere – Use Box online to access your files anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- Collaboration – Use Box online to add internal or external collaborators to your folders and files.
- Trash – Use Box online to access and restore deleted files. Note: Items in Trash are automatically deleted after 90 days for UAEX Box or 30 days for UARK Box.
- Versioning – Use Box online to restore previous versions of the same document.
- Notifications – Use Box online to select which notifications you receive by email.
Box Data Restrictions
Do not use Box to store files containing:
- Social Security or driver's license numbers
- Credit card numbers or other payment information
- Academic transcripts
- Passwords or pass phrases
- Data regulated by Export Control laws
- Any institutional data considered Highly Sensitive (HIPPA, FERPA, PII, PHI, HITECH, etc)
Box Share Drives
Box share drives can be requested from AGRI Tech Support to store data for research groups, departments, or special projects. Once a share drive is created, co-owners can invite new collaborators without having to contact AGRI Tech Support.
Learn more about Box (redirects to box.com)